Before you hop in your car… before you start your car…before you head out of town to shop…
Think about this:
• Over 600 of your friends and family work in the Downtown Business
Improvement Association (BIA). They live, work and are invested in your
community – just like you.
• The Downtown BIA is comprised of over 60 businesses and employers, the third largest source of employment in Campbell River. The BIA extends from Pure Self Defense in the south to the Royal Bank in the north including Tyee Plaza.
• BIA merchants support local charities, causes, sports teams and events. Nonprofits receive considerably more support from local businesses than they do from out-of-town businesses. If you need help with an event you more than
likely won’t talk to a merchant from Courtenay, Nanaimo or Victoria – you’ll
approach a local business. BIA businesses are generous- think of the Hospital
Foundation, the Angel Rock, the Community Foundation and Fashion Inferno.
• When you shop with local merchants, more of your money stays close to home. Buying goods and services locally means two to three times as much money spent stays in the local economy.
• A local business is much more concerned about keeping you happy by providing good customer service.
• Before you head out of town, take a good look through the local shops, chances are you will find what you are looking for.
• Help keep BIA business owners “in business” and keep our Downtown thriving.